Arrival
Departure

Le Moulin de Léré

Le Moulin de Léré image1
Address
Sous la Côte, 74470, Vailly
Opening
All year round, daily.

Description

The mill was built in 1790 and was operated until 1860. it was purchased in 1999 by Nadine and Jean-Louis, lovers of all things old and mechanic.
They renovated the building and its mill in accordance with tradition. What was the mill for? The village mill was used for several things. The millstones made grain into flour (provided by the villagers) whilst the miller looked after the forge to make horse shoes or repair the cart. After harvest, the miller prepared for winter by storing hay on the top floor of the mill protected from bad weather to feed his flock.

Pricing

Free of charge

Langues

French